To look more elegant in every look is a wish of most of people. But, looking elegant it is not only about the way you dress – is also about the way you talk and behave yourself.
However, if you want to get some help by dressing in a more elegant way, there are some pieces of clothes that can do this for you, as a start.
In the new video I’ve published today, in my Youtube’s Channel, I’ve explained each of those pieces you can see in this image and why it makes you look more elegant. Take a look – and do not forget to activate the legend, in english!
I hope you enjoy it! See you in the next video-post. Xx!
One of most frequent doubts in the world of fashion, that I use to receive by e-mails, is about how to always be well-dressed for each occasion. Friends of mine use to say that I’m in style even when I am going to the bakery (lol)! Well, honestly, I’ve already been a mess in my look of the day, sometimes, to confess.
After all, it’s not our obligation of being completely well dressed all the time, it is? None of us need to be impeccable every our of our days. But there are some mistakes we do when we’re picking our look that can make us look badly dressed and we don’t even realise it. Check out my list and avoid doing it again!
Image credits: Pinterest.
#1 – WHEN YOU DON’T CARE ABOUT THE DRESS CODE
If you have a party to go, for example, the first thing you need to get informed about is the dressing code. Try to ask the host about the type of the party or the occasion, if it is casual, black tie, etc. The next step is, obviously, get dressed according to the event.
#2 – WHEN YOU DON’T TRY THE LOOK BEFORE THE OCCASION
Seems bullshit, but trying your look before the day you have the occasion is really important to avoid disasters. Sometimes the piece of garment you’re thinking about is dirty, crumpled, raggedy or it doesn’t fit you anymore. Sometimes it doesn’t fit in the rest of the look the way you thought. If you try before, you have time do think in a “plan B”, in case some of those problems happen.
#3 – WHEN YOU COPY SOMEONE ELSE’S LOOK
Don’t make the mistake of buying the same look of your friend or of the showcase. Those things usually don’t work simply because your friend’s taste – or the salesperson’s – won’t be the same as yours. The result is that probably you won’t feel like yourself when you get dressed, which is a huge frustration. Besides, to be in a party dressed just like someone else is not exactly cool – specially when this doesn’t happen as a coincidence.
#4 – WHEN YOU DON’T KNOW YOUR OWN STYLE
This is the main cause of the topic 3. When we don’t know our own style and don’t identify what we like in terms of dressing, we get lost in this topic in all occasions – even to go to the bakery. It feels like we are not representing ourselves with dignity, for the others. That’s why, firstly, you need to know yourself and discover your own style.
#5 – WHEN YOU DON’T THINK ABOUT THE MESSAGE THROUGH THE LOOK
This is a topic I always emphasize in terms of dressing. The main secret for you not to be wrong dressed, for any occasion, is thinking in which message you want to transmit. If it’s a professional meeting, for an example, you probably want to transmit that you’re a responsible and serious person, so, you will get dressed according to this qualities. If it’s a date and you want to look funny, amusing and outgoing, you will get dressed based on this qualities as well. Is it’s a wedding and you’re the maid of honor: you’ll probably choose your garment based on looking elegant and important. That is the spirit. It’s not about judging by appearance; it’s about using your garments as a good first impression. This is not the essential of your personality and of who your are, but, it will tell something about you.
Like the tips? You can leave some suggestions in the comments. Wish you enjoy a lot! Xx,
I always emphasize the idea that we all need to love ourselves (just the Love Youself song of Justin Bieber, lol). We need to make use of fashion, not the opposite. Therefore – considering that most of people have concerns about their bodies -, I’ve made a list with ten topics, talking about ways of dressing that can dissemble some parts of our bodies. Let’s try it?
MORE: 5 wrong ways to dress yourself
1. FLARE PANTS + T-SHIRTThere is a combining look that never is out of style besides valuing every biotype. The flare pant makes your legs look longer – this visual illusion is even better when you wear high heels -, values your curves and the t-shirt dissembles huge busts and fat arms. Try the V low neck, that makes you look skinnier. The best option of pants are the high waste ones.
2. LARGE SHIRTThis kind of shirt is another helpful piece for dissembling fat parts of the body, but, you need to know how to use it. A cool way of wearing it is by combining the large shirt with another skinny piece – like bandage skirts or pants, high waste shorts or legging pants. It’s a nice way of dressing to dissemble big hips or for pregnant women.
3. FLARE SLEEVES SHIRTSThis kind of clothes, with flare sleeves – can be found in dresses or shirts -, have the same objective as flare pants for the legs: to get arms skinnier and longer. Its large modelling don’t emphasize your body, which values any biotype. It’s easy to combine in your outfit – fits with miniskirts, skinny pants and every high waste piece of clothes.
4. THE “A” FORMAT IN SKIRTS AND DRESSESThis is a modelling indicated for girls who want to dissemble their hips or fat legs (e.g..: Brazilian biotype). It is romantic, feminine and values the female curves. Fits good in daily or nightly looks. Enjoy mixing this garment with cropped tops, 60’s mood and combining it with jackets or tied t-shirts. Love it!
5. BLAZERThe blazer is the winer when we talk about functional clothes. It’s the “to-buy-piece” in our list. It gives elegance to any outfit and dissembles any fat parts of the body perfectly. The dress code will demand which complements you will use to mix and match your look. Just take care when you buy one: pay attention in the shoulder part, that has to be exactly your size.
6. 60’s MOOD DRESSESThey are inspired by the 60’s dresses, as the tittle suggests and its modelling is really favorable to female body. It dissembles large hips and fat legs, as the A skirts/dresses. As it is short, it’s appropriate to be used in casual events – out of work.
7. DARK PRINTSIf you love prints but don’t want to emphasize any fat part of your body, the secret is to try a dark one. Small and discreet patterns give the visual illusion that the part where you’re using it is smaller.
8. LIGHT FABRICSTry to choose light fabrics in every piece of clothes you’re buying. Shirts, skirts, pants, dresses – when its fabrics are lighter and fluid, the result in your outfit is the same – lighter, more delicate. Besides, fluid fabrics don’t emphasize your silhouette, which is better when you want to dissemble some part of your body.
9. SHOW STRATEGIC PARTS OF YOUR BODYAnother tip that makes you look thinner is when you reveal only some parts of your body, that I call “strategic”. Some of them: neck, pulses and ankles. When you cover the fat part and show the skinny one, it gives a visual illusion that you are all thin. To work in this trick, try V necklines, scarpins and 3/4 sleeves shirts.
10. CREATE CURVES IN YOUR OUTFITWhen you want to value your curves through the garment, you create curves in it. Peplum and “A format” modelling clothes are good options for doing it. Make use of belts and necklines, that also creates an “hour-glass” shape.
Hope you like the tips! Xx see you in the next post!
Envie seu e-mail e fique por dentro!